BRIDGWATER NEWS: Chimney fire in Kimberley Terrace
FIREFIGHTERS were called out on Thursday (February 15, 2018) evening following reports of a chimney fire at a home in Bridgwater.
The alarm was raised at just after 8.30pm to the incident in Kimberley Terrace by the occupant of the property who said the fire involved a wood burning stove.
One fire engine from Bridgwater was mobilised and firefighters quickly dealt with the chimney fire, but it had spread to a solid oak lintel above the fireplace.
Firefighters cut away at the lintel and removed it to stop the fire spreading any further.
Duty of care was left with the occupant.